Saturday, January 14, 2017

Thinking of You

Hello!  I'm playing along with Freshly Made Sketches today!  I always love their simple sketches, and love when I have the time to play along.




I was inspired by a card I saw on Dawn McVey's blog where she used a new stamp set that's being released this month by PTI.  I wanted to try the technique she used, and I thought that the leaves from PTI's Leave It Be would be a great substitution.  I'm also determined this year to USE the things I have instead of always feeling like I need to buy new things.  I'm sure you can all relate!





I colored the leaves from the Leave It Be stamp set using various shades of green and blue Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers (coloring directly onto the stamps), and then spritzed them with water and stamped on some Canson watercolor paper.  I die cut the leaves with the matching dies.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Artful Flowers.  This green and blue color combo with a bit of Kraft is one of my favorites!

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, and thanks for explaining how you went about making it. I must try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Diane...love how you colored the leaves and your take on the sketch.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this turned out fabulous! I'm going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Diane! I love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These leaves look amazing, Diane, and you've used them to create a fabulous card! Such a fun look! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete