Monday, March 21, 2016

The Challenge #65

Hello and welcome to a new inspiration photo at The Challenge!  This one's a beauty that I'm sure you'll be very inspired by!




So many things to choose from here, the colors, the flowers, the gold frame, the books, stripes, polka dots, glass, the possibilities are endless!





To make my card I first stamped the stripes (inspired by the stacked books) on Tim Holtz watercolor paper (Watercolor Stripes background stamp from MFT) using distress stains (Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick).  Next I embossed the blooms (Pen and Ink Dahlia from Impress Cards and Crafts) in gold.  I then cut the panel using the largest Zig Zag Stitched die from Sugar Pea Designs (notice the zig zag pattern at the top of the candle bowl in the inspiration photo, I love picking out little details like this when I make my cards).  The sentiment is from MFT's Amazing stamp set and Doubly Amazing dies.  I finished the card with a few black enamel dots.

The Challenge design team and guests came up with an amazing variety of cards to inspire you so be sure to hop on over to Lesley's blog and take a peek.  Then be sure to play along with us, I can't wait to see what you create using this wonderful inspiration photo!

Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunner! Great color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous... love the embossed flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those gold embossed flowers over the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those gorgeous embossed blooms on the distressed stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers, they are stunning in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your striped background and those big, beautiful gold flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the gold embossed blooms against the striped background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, bold embossing, Diane! Love those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gold embossed blooms over those distressed stripes, Diane ... so striking! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete