Saturday, January 9, 2016

STAMPlorations Challenges

Hello!  I'm playing along with several of STAMPlorations challenges today, the January Challenge - Theme and Sketch, and the January CAS Card Challenge.














I have to give credit for my color combination on this card to the very talented Stephanie Klauck.  I loved the card she made HERE, the colors really spoke to me and I thought they'd look beautiful with the lovely Trendy Feathers from STAMPlorations.  To make my card I first heat embossed the feathers in white on some PTI white card stock.  Next I used my ink blending tool to add the color, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, and Peacock Feathers distress inks.  The sentiment is also from Trendy Feathers and is stamped in black.  I added some water droplets to react with the distress inks, along with some Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray.  I placed the panel on a black card base to finish the card.  There was a lot of temptation to add something more to this card, because that's just how I roll, but since the challenges call for "CAS" I made myself stop lol!  I'm letting the feathers, sentiment, and background speak for themselves ;)

Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous card, love the White feathers against the beautiful greens, I'd love to case your card. I did see the colour combo used somewhere but not sure where and I just loved it, I'm loving the brighter colours of the newer distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those feathers and your background on this card, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Diane! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it definitely does looks beautiful! The vibrant colors are perfect with the white embossing. So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely stunning, I love the gorgeous background and I think you stopped at just the right moment. It needs nothing more. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the beautifully sponged colors with the bold black accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just awesome looking cards mf...well done!

    ReplyDelete