Thursday, December 10, 2015

Paper Smooches December Challenge

This is my second post today, this time I have a card for the Paper Smooches December Challenge - Flowers.  I don't have many PS flowers (just one set that has a few small flowers in it plus the matching dies), but I didn't let that stop me from playing along :)













I cut a bunch of flowers using the PS Denim & Daisies dies in colors that match the photo, and combined and layered them in different combinations.  For the Ball jar I used some PTI Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores inks and did some ink blending, then I splattered it with some water droplets.  I wanted to incorporate the beautiful wood from the photo into my card somehow, so I decided to use the large Tree Ring Background stamp from Concord & 9th.  I stamped it using Gathered Twig distress ink, then I used several shades of brown distress inks to blend inside the ring.  I also added the splatters to my card with the brown distress inks.  The sentiment is from PS, and I added a few gold sequins to finish the card.  I figure this will card will help to brighten the day of someone who isn't feeling well :)

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with a card for the Coffee Lover's blog hop!


8 comments:

  1. wow totally gorgeous.. I love all those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la Diane. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright, pretty bouquet you've created! Love the wood look the tree ring adds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, you nailed it.
    This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bouquet is absolutely lovely and the wood grain is a perfect accent

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete