Sunday, December 20, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #217

Hello, friends!  It's the Sunday before Christmas and I have some down time today to make a few cards.  I ran out of Christmas cards, sent them all out in the mail, and I'll need a few more over the next couple of days to hand deliver to friends and neighbors, so I'm using this opportunity to get a few more done.  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to fashion this card.





I used 3 colors of distress inks, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Cracked Pistachio, adding to watercolor paper and then cutting with the dies after it was dry.  Next I splattered a bit of white paint on the die cuts.  To give the die cuts some dimension I cut several plain pieces and glued them up with the watercolor piece on top.  The black paper is shimmery although it's hard to see here.  The sentiment is from PTI and the clear sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

This is quite a nontraditional Christmas card for me, but I love how the watercolor pieces look on the black, very dramatic.

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Non-traditional is always a fun alternative. Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflake! I love how you used the distress inks! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These die cut watercolored pieces are fabulous. I love the colors you chose. Happy New Year, and thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete