Wednesday, August 5, 2015

You are a gem!

Hello!  Today I have a card to share that I made for the current Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge.  The stamp set they're featuring this time around is Bubble Talk, which I don't own, but we're invited to take inspiration from one of the DT cards if we don't own the featured set so that's what I did.  I love the beautiful cards the DT made, and I was inspired to CASE Gayatri's creation using the stamp set My Precious.






To create my card I stamped some of the smaller gems randomly over  a white card base using Wplus9 Pure Color Bo Peep and Falling Star inks, and Hero Arts Shadow Fresh Peach Ink.  I picked 3 of the larger gems to be my focal point.  I stamped those with the solid backs of the stamps first and then stamped the outline over them with black ink, then topped them off with glossy accents for some shine.  The sentiment is also from My Precious.  I finished the card with some black gems.  After I was done with this I wished I'd added some messy string behind the large gems but I didn't feel like taking it apart.  I do that A LOT, see things that would make a card better after it's finished, sigh...  I find it interesting that there's something different between looking at a card through my eyes and looking at it through the camera's eye on a computer screen, anyone else notice that?  Anyway, I do love this card, this is my first time using My Precious and I really love this stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by today, make it a good one :)


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Diane! So glad you enjoyed inking up My Precious and thank you so much for joining in on the Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete