Saturday, August 15, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #14 Color Saturation


Hello and happy Saturday!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I'm back today with the next My Favorite Things summer school lesson which is all about color saturation.  From the MFT blog:

Our lesson today centers on understanding Color SaturationColor Saturation refers to the intensity of color. The more white or gray that is added, the less saturated the color becomes. You can add black to deepen the saturation. Cards tend to work best when the saturation of the colors are on a similar scale.

It's no secret that I adore bright, saturated colors, and that's what I used on my card today.




To make my card I used the sun stencil from MFT to add some PTI Harvest Gold ink to my card base.   I stamped the birds on some watercolor paper and used my Zig Clean Color watercolor markers to color them, then I fussy cut them.  I took my bird colors from the patterned paper, which I cut using a die from Blueprints 23.  I popped up the paper and birds on foam tape.  The birds and sentiment are from Polynesian Paradise.  I'm SO loving using this stamp set, there are just so many adorable images and sentiments in it!

One more lesson to go for summer school, I'll be back with that, hopefully tomorrow :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am SO behind with blog visits so I'm starting backwards to see what you have been doing. Love this card! I have been looking at this set and the one with just birds and couldn't decide which would be more useful. This one looks a little more versatile. Your bright colors are wonderful and sun rays and sentiment make such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so bright, beautiful and just plain fun!! Love this one to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete