Sunday, June 21, 2015

MFT Summer School #5

Hello, and Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful father's out there!  I'm back today with my 5th and last post for this segment of My Favorite Thing's Summer School!  This lesson is about quiet/white space on your cards.  This is one of my favorite design principles, I always seem to gravitate towards cards with a lot of white space and a nice pop of colors/patterns in the focal image.  I think it really helps draw the eye right to the focal point, which is what we want, right?  Even though I've used very subtle colors on this card, they still pop because of all the white space surrounding them.




I first used MFT's large chevron stencil, and a dot stencil from Club Scrap, to sponge some ink onto my card.  The dies are from Blueprints 13 (the circles), and Blueprints 14 (the leaves), and the sentiment is from Cheerful Blessings.  I love this particular sentiment, it's the reason I bought this set!  I finished this very simple card with a few clear rhinestones from Pretty Pink Posh.

There will be more lessons later in the summer and I can't wait to see them!  Hope you'll stop back then :)

1 comment: